The next update for Tom Clancy’s The Division is slated for April 12th. Update 1.8.1 will roll out to PC, PlayStation, and Xbox players with new legendary missions, challenges, and global events. For Xbox One X owners, the new content isn’t the only thing they’ll be getting.
Xbox One X enhancements come in the form of 4K rendering, a higher level of anistropic filtering, improved reflections and object detail, as well as improved screen-space shadows.
For Classified Gear hunters, the Special Vendor will now have a Classified Gear cache that can be purchased outside of Global Events. This will guarantee one gear piece but which piece you get is up to RNG. Global Events will also have individual Classified Gear caches for each set, thus enabling players to focus on a particular set they may desire. The normal Global Event cache will be going away however.
Two new Legendary missions will be coming with Amherst’s Apartment and Grand Central Station, thus providing some variety for those seeking a challenge. As for Xbox One X support, players can expect improved anistropic filtering, 4K resolution, improved object detail and reflections and better screen space shadows. Check out the planned changes below with full patch notes coming next week when the update is live.
The Division update 1.8.1 patch notes
- Added a Classified Gear cache to the Special Vendor that guarantees 1 Classified Gear piece from the entire pool.
Global Events vendor
- Removed the basic cache from the vendor.
- Each Global Event will now have individual caches per Classified Gear set for that Global Event. This allows the player to purchase, for example, a Fire Crest cache that guarantees one item from that set.
Exotic loot drops
- Removed Premium Vendor Exotics from Open World loot pool and Exotic Caches.
- All Exotics added to the Open World Bosses.
Classified gear drop rates
- Classified Drop Rates chances have been increased in all locations.
- Legendary Missions now have a 20% chance to give Classified Gear as a reward at the completion of the mission.
- Season Pass Supply Drops now have a 10% chance to drop Classified Gear.
- Survival Caches now have a roughly 10% chance to drop Classified Gear.
The Division is out now for PC, PS4 and Xbox One.