- Nokia 3.1 release date in India is July 21
- Nokia 3.1 With 5.2 inch Display 18:9 HD+ panel, and a 2,990mAh battery
- It is only available in a 2GB RAM/ 16GB storage configuration
- It comes with several launch offers and price
Nokia 3.1, first launched in Moscow in late May, has now made its way into the Indian market. HMD Global, the current custodian of Nokia phones, has made official its latest budget smartphone in the country. Key highlights of the new smartphone include its stock Android One certification, an 18:9 HD+ panel, and a 2,990mAh battery. As part of the Android One programme, the Nokia 3.1 will receive three years of monthly security patches and two years of major OS updates from launch. To recall, the company had announced three phones at the Moscow event back in May 2018 – namely, the Nokia 2.1, Nokia 3.1, and Nokia 5.1.
Amidst all the expectations surrounding the Nokia X6 India launch , HMD Global has launched its Nokia 3.1 smartphone in India. Like all other HMD Global smartphones, the Nokia 3.1 offers stock Android experience and will get future OS updates, including Android P.
Nokia 3.1 Features and Highlights
The Nokia 3.1 is HMD Global’s first phone with 18:9 display in afordable segment. The phone houses a 5.2-inch HD+ screen with 2.5D curved glass layered on top. The smartphone employs an octa-core MediaTek MT6750N processor along with Mali T860 GPU and 2GB of RAM. As for storage, it comes with 16GB of built-in storage, that supports expandable storage up to 128GB.
In optics, the Nokia 3.1 features a 13-megapixel rear camera with autofocus, LED flash and f/2.0 aperture. On the flip side, there’s an 8-megapixel camera with f/2.0 aperture and 84-degree field of view. The phone draws juice from a 2,990 mAh battery. The Nokia 3.1 has 3.5 mm headphone jack, micro USB, and Bluetooth 4.2 as connectivity options. It is worth mentioning that the Nokia 3.1 doesn’t include a fingerprint scanner.
“Nokia 3.1 will receive three years of monthly security patches and two years of OS updates from launch, as guaranteed in the Android One programme. This puts them among the most secure phones out there, always up to date with the latest Google services like the Google Assistant and Google Photos with free unlimited high-quality photo storage,” said the company.
Nokia 3.1 specifications
- 5.2-inch, HD+ resolution, 2.5D curved glass display with Corning Gorilla Glass protection
- Octa-Core MediaTek MT6750N (4 x 1.5GHz A53 + 4 x 1.0GHz A53) processor with Mali T860 GPU
- 2GB RAM, 16GB internal memory, expandable memory up to 128GB with microSD
- Android 8.0 (Oreo) OS, upgradable to Android P
- Dual SIM
- 13MP rear camera with LED Flash, f/2.0 aperture
- 8MP front-facing camera with f/2.0 aperture, 84.6-degree wide-angle lens
- 3.5mm audio jack, FM Radio
- Dimensions: 146.25 x 68.65 x 8.7mm; Weight: 138.3 g
- 4G VoLTE, WiFi 802.11 a/b/g/n, Bluetooth 4.1 LE, GPS
- 2990mAh battery
Nokia 3.1: Deals and Launch offers
The device goes on sale starting July 21 and will be available at offline retailers and online via Paytm Mall and Nokia’s website. There are also a bunch of launch offers running for this device:
- ICICI Bank Debit and Credit card owners can avail a 5% cashback on the purchase.
- If customers buy the device from an offline store by scanning a Paytm Mall QR code, then they’ll get 10% cashback on recharges and bill payments.
- These customers will also receive two Rs. 250 movie cashback vouchers, redeemable when you book two tickets.
If you’re an Idea or Vodafone customers, HMD Global is offering data bundles and unlimited calls.
“On a recharge of Rs 149 pack, they will get 1GB data/day, unlimited calls and 100 SMS/day for 28 days; additionally, consumers upgrading from 2G or 3G phone to the new Nokia 3.1 will get 1GB data/day for 28 days. On a recharge of Rs 595, consumers will get unlimited calls, 100 SMS/day, 18GB data for 6 months,” said the company in a note.
Nokia 3.1 Price In India and Availability
HMD Global has set the Nokia 3.1 India price at Rs 10,499for the 2GB RAM/16GB storage model. The phone will go on sale from July 21 on both offline and online channels. The Nokia 3.1 will be available online on Paytm Mall and Nokia.com.The handset will be available in three colour options Blue/Copper, Black/Chrome and White/Iron colour. As for the availability, the Nokia 3.1 will be available for purchase via Nokia’s online store, Paytm Mall and across major mobile retailers starting July 21.
Nokia 3.1 seems to be a decent budget offering even though the specs are a bit underwhelming when compared to the competition, but we’ll have to get a hands-on with the device to give you a better idea of the overall experience. So, do you look forward to buying the Nokia 3.1? Tell us in the comments below.