- After the Nokia X6 , the X5 is expected to be the brand’s second smartphone with a notch display
- Nokia X5 has been launched in two RAM/Storage variants
- The smartphone runs on Android 8.1 Oreo, powered by Helio P60 SoC
- Nokia X5 has been priced in China starting at CNY 999
HMD Global launched the Nokia X5 smartphone in China on 18 July Wednesday. This is the second Nokia smartphone to sport a notch display after the Nokia X6. Nokia X5 is priced at CNY 999 (Rs 10,200 approximately) for the base variant and CNY 1,399 (Rs 14,300 approximately) for the top model.
The new Nokia mobile comes with a display notch, vertically aligned dual rear cameras, stock Android, MediaTek Helio P60 octa-core processor and 5.86 inches display with 19:9 ratio.
Nokia X5 looks similar to the Nokia X6, except that its slightly smaller notch leaves more room for display. The smartphone is wrapped in 2.5D glass, and comes in black and blue variants.
Here’s the HMD Global has revealed the Nokia X5 Design, Features, specifications , price and availability:-
Nokia X5 Design
The Nokia X5 sports a double-sided glass body with a polycarbonate frame. There’s a display notch in the front with a slight chin at the bottom of the display with the Nokia logo, and the company claims that the screen-to-body ratio is at 84 percent. There is a logo at the back as well below the fingerprint sensor. The vertically stacked dual camera sensor, the fingerprint sensor and the logo all sit below one another at the rear top centre. The volume rocker and power button sit on the right edge of the smartphone, while the 3.5mm audio jack is situated at the top edge.
Nokia X5 Features
— Like the Nokia X6, the Nokia X5 highlights a premium design language at an affordable price. This is the second Nokia phone with a notch and this allows for a larger display in a compact form back. Thanks to the notch and a narrow chin, the Nokia X5 offers a 84 per cent screen-to-body ratio.
— The Nokia X5 also sees glass on both the front and back that adds to its premium looks. The reflective glass panel will be offered in Black, Blue and White colours.
— The MediaTek Helio P60 chipset is based on a 12nm process, which the company says will offer high performance while consuming lesser power. The Helio P60 SoC also comes with built-in AI chip and will also deliver good GPU performance while playing games.
— The Nokia X5 runs the latest Android 8.1 Oreo out-of-the-box. The Chinese variant will get some custom overlay but what you get is a mostly stock Android with fewer pre-installed apps. If the phone launches outside the country, it will be part of the Android One program. The company also said that the Nokia X5 will be upgradeable to Android P.
Nokia X5 Specifications
The Nokia X5, as talked about, runs on pure Android Eight.1 Oreo, and HMD World guarantees month-to-month patches and quick Android updates. The twin-SIM gadget (twin 4G VoLTE) sports activities a 5.86-inch HD+ (720×1520 pixels) show with 2.5D glass safety, 19:9 side ratio, and 84 % screen-to-body ratio. It’s powered by the MediaTek Helio P60 octa-core SoC (4x Cortex-A73 at 2.0GHz + 4x Coretx-A53 at 2.0GHz, 1xVPU), and RAM/storage bundles embrace 3GB RAM/32GB storage, and 4GB RAM/64GB storage choices. The Nokia X5 helps a microSD card slot that permits for additional enlargement of storage (as much as 256GB).
Optics embrace a 13-megapixel rear predominant sensor with f/2.zero aperture and a 5-megapixel secondary lens. There’s an LED flash sitting under the 2 sensors on the again. On the entrance, there’s an Eight-megapixel lens with f/2.2 aperture and 80.four diploma angle of view. It comes with AI picture expertise, built-in portrait background blur, portrait pores and skin mode, HDR mode and different capabilities.
The Nokia X5 packs a 3060mAh battery, and it claims to supply 27 hours of life time, 17.5 hours of discuss time, 19.5 hours of music playback, 5.Eight hours throughout gaming, and 12 hours of video playback. Connectivity choices embrace USB-C port, three.5mm audio jack, Bluetooth four.2, GPS, A-GPS, Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac, Broadcast FM, and Twin 4G Twin VoLTE 1. The scale of the Nokia X5 are at 149.51×71.98x Eight.096mm. Onboard sensors embrace ambient mild sensor, proximity sensor, acceleration sensor, fingerprint recognition, digital compass, and gyroscope.
- CPU: 2.0 GHz Helio P60 octa-core processor
- RAM: 3/4 GB
- GPU: Mali-G72 MP3
- Operating System: Android 8.1 Oreo (upgradeable to Android P)
- Display: 5.86-inch HD+ (1520 x 720 pixels) display with 19:9 aspect ratio and 2.5D curved glass
- Rear Camera: 13 MP (f/2.0 aperture, PDAF) + 5 MP with LED flash
- Front Camera: 8 MP with f/2.2 aperture and 80.4-degree wide-angle lens
- Internal Storage: 32 GB (with 3 GB RAM), 64 GB (with 4 GB RAM)
- External Storage: Expandable up to 256 via microSD card
- Connectivity: Dual 4G Dual VoLTE, GPS, Bluetooth 4.2, Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac, FM, 3.5 mm headphone jack, USB Type-C 2.0
- Other: Fingerprint Scanner, AI-based camera features
- Colors: Black, White, Blue
- Battery: 3060 mAh
Nokia X5 Price and Availability
- Price of 3 GB RAM + 32 GB storage variant: ¥999 (around $148/₹10,195)
- Price of 4 GB RAM + 64 GB storage variant: ¥1399 (around $208/₹14,276)
- Availability: Can be pre-ordered in China from July 19 through Suning.com. The smartphone will be available in the colors Night Black, Baltic Sea Blue and Glacier White.No word on availability in other countries