- Nokia X6 global variant is finally launching in Hong Kong
- The Hong Kong launch is set for July 19
- The handset is reported to debut as the Nokia 6.1 Plus
A report by a Taiwanese publication has recently made a claim that Nokia X6 arrival for a global released is expected on the 19th of July but with a different name called the Nokia 6.1 Plus. Google has recently released a list having this phone inside as Nokia’s contemporary smartphone feature AR Core support. After this enlisting, it can now be guessed that the Nokia 6.1 Plus will be the global name for the Nokia X6 that was launched in China a while back.
Nokia X6 is set to hit the global market, and the global rollout is expected to begin with Hong Kong. The handset, which debuted in China in May, is reportedly launching in the Hong Kong market on July 19. The fresh development comes weeks after the anticipation of the global launch of the Nokia X6 that features a display notch and includes a Face Unlock feature to rival the likes of the Asus ZenFone Max Pro M1 and Xiaomi Redmi Note 5 Pro. Last month, the handset surfaced on the official Nokia site in India.
Folks at Mobile Magazine HK report the Nokia X6 will come to Hong Kong as the Nokia 6.1 Plus. Despite the change in its name, the handset is said to have the same design and hardware that was originally launched in China. This means that the new model will have a 5.8-inch display with a notch design and an octa-core Snapdragon 636 SoC under the hood. However, some changes are likely to be available on the software front as the upcoming handset is rumoured to come under Google’s Android One programme – just like the Nokia 6 (2018) that was unveiled at MWC 2018 back in February. It is also expected to run stock Android 8.1 Oreo out of the box. The Nokia X6 in China, in contrast, runs Android Oreo with a custom interface on top.
Having said that, it hasn’t been revealed whether HMD Global, the licensee of the Nokia brand for phones, in plans to launch the Nokia 6.1 Plus across the global markets following its arrival in Hong Kong. The price of the rumoured handset is also yet to be surfaced. Nevertheless, we can safely assume that some formal details on the global variant of the Nokia X6 will emerge at the launch of the Nokia 6.1 Plus later this month.
Previously, HMD Global CPO Juho Sarvikas hosted a Twitter poll to understand the demand for the new smartphone in markets other than China. Furthermore, the global variant of the Nokia X6 allegedly received Taiwan’s NCC certification last month.
Nokia X6 Specifications
- CPU: Snapdragon 636 octa-core processor
- RAM: 4/6 GB
- GPU: Adreno 509
- Operating System: Android 8.1 Oreo
- Display: 5.8-inch Full-HD+ (2280 x 1080 pixels) LCD display with 19:9 aspect ratio, 2.5D curved glass and Gorilla Glass 3 protection
- Rear Camera: 16 MP RGB (f/2.0 aperture) + 5 MP Monochrome (f/2.2 aperture) with dual-tone LED flash
- Front Camera: 16 MP with f/2.0 aperture
- Internal Storage: 32 GB (with 4 GB RAM), 64 GB (with 4 and 6 GB RAM)
- External Storage: Expandable up to 256 via microSD card
- Connectivity: 4G LTE, GPS, Bluetooth 5.0, Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac, 3.5 mm headphone jack, USB Type-C 2.0
- Other: Fingerprint Scanner, AI-based camera features
- Colors: Black, Blue, Silver
- Battery: 3060 mAh
Nokia X6 or Nokia 6.1 Plus: Price In India
Since the phone has not been released in India yet, confirming anything about its final price would be too early. However, Nokia X6 or Nokia 6.1 Plus is expected to be available in the Indian markets at a price of Rs. 16990. If this is really the final price, then the phone will be offering complete justice to users through its hardware and features and it will be very surprising if the device is not sold in large quantities.